October 1 – November 1, 2020
Enjoy a bird’s eye view of breathtaking fall foliage! You’ll be amazed at the dappled blanket of color spreading out across the valley below with the view of seven states in the distance. This fall, Rock City will feature specialty food and beverages that will transport you to a cozy state of mind.
Enchanted Garden of Lights
November 20, 2020 – January 2, 2021
In its 26th year, Rock City’s award-winning Enchanted Garden of Lights is a holiday tradition for all. Delight in over a million sparkling lights as you venture through the realms of wonder! Decorate a Gingerbread cookie in Downtown Yule Town, experience the icy borealis lights of the Arctic Kingdom, and the digital enchantment of the Magic Forest’s dancing trees.
Tickets are sold online only.
Previous Seasonal Activities:
MLK Jr Weekend
January 18 – 20, 2020
- Interactive Art installation – from 10am – 3pm daily participate in creating a unique and unifying piece of art – “Woven Together: Bringing the Dream to Life.”
- Historical Vignette
- Cafe 7 will be offering counter service from 11am – 4pm daily serving sandwiches, craft beer, hot cocoa, and Dr. King’s favorite dessert Pecan Pie.
February 1 – 2, 2020
- Visit Rock City on Groundhog Weekend and upload your Groundhog Selfie for a chance to win a Rock City Family Pass! No purchase required. See Rock City ticket desk for details.
- Selfie station located outside entrance to Rock City near ticket plaza.
- Upload your selfie to @seerockcity on Instagram and tag a friend.
- Use #GroundhogDayatRockCity
- Like our page
- Watch our Instagram page for more details.
February 13 – 17, 2020
Weekday Package ~ $44 ~ Valid February 13 & 14, 2020
Holiday Weekend Package ~ $49 ~ Valid February 15 – 17, 2020
Package includes tickets to Rock City, sparkling cider or wine from Cafe 7*, souvenir photo and fudge.
*Cafe 7 is open from 11am – 4pm. Photographer available 10am – 4pm.
Chattanooga Spring Break Safari – RockQuest Adventurer
CANCELLED for 2020
March 13 – April 19, 2020
What if you could be a RockQuest Adventurer and trek through massive rock formations at Rock City, high atop Lookout Mountain? Pick up a RockQuest guide that will help you look for clues to many of the geological wonders throughout Rock City. Then dig for your very own geode and break it open to find the crystal treasure inside!
- RockQuest Adventure package including the RockQuest guide and Geode Dig – $7 add-on to any Rock City ticket
- Hours: 10am – 4pm
- Participate in the scavenger hunt found in the Safari Guide
Visit the Spring Break Safari website to download a safari guide filled with other area attraction activities plus scavenger hunt details.
CANCELLED FOR 2020
March 14, 15, 21 & 22
Visit Rock City’s 13th annual Irish celebration and festival—Shamrock City! This premiere St. Patrick’s Day event includes live Irish music, Irish jig lessons, roaming bagpipers, Irish food, specialty beer from Chattanooga Brewing company, dance performances, costumed characters, and fun for the whole family! You can even see the High Falls flowing green!
CANCELLED for 2020
April 18, 19, 25 & 26
Join us at Rock City Gardens during this naturally fun outdoor premier event! Learn how to use recycled materials for an innovative and fun make-and-take project, be mesmerized when Vines and Trees come to life with methodical movement, create a unique “Flower Flair” to help plan a wildflower field, see how art and nature enhance each other, plus more!
October 18 & 19, 2020
Your ticket to an exclusive event affords you an evening of culinary enchantment! Dinner Guests will enter through the historic Roundhouse Gates for a leisurely stroll down Legacy Lane to Cafe 7. Then diners will enjoy a three course meal prepared and served with the assistance of students from the See Rock City Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management at the Howard School while twilight sets in on the legendary seven states view.