Chattanooga's Premier St. Patrick's Day Event
Looking for the luck of the Irish? Visit Rock City’s 14th annual Irish celebration and festival—Shamrock City! This premiere St. Patrick’s Day event features Irish food, specialty beer, pop-up Irish dancing performances, and fun for the whole family! You can even see the High Falls flowing green! Visit and see why the Southeast Tourism Society has consistently chosen Shamrock City as a Top 20 Event!
March | 2022
Shamrock City Activities
Shamrock City Activities
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the fun activities at Shamrock City! You’ll find fun for the whole family with Irish music, dancing, food, and more. Check out the event activities below, and don’t forget to pick up a souvenir!
- Irish Dancing Performances: Rock City Talent Dancers explore the world of Irish dance, performing Irish, Celtic, and Scottish inspired jibs. Pop-up performances throughout the gardens, 9:30am – 5:00pm.
- Bagby’s Critter Corral – Animal Encounter: Come meet Suffolk Sheep and the Highland Cow during this interactive experience on Legacy Lane from 10am – 3pm daily.
- Panning for Gold: Pan for gold and other magical treasures at Prospector’s Point.
- Shamrock Scavenger Hunt
- Molly Maguires: performing March 12 & 13 in the Pot of Gold Pavilion at 12pm, 2pm and 4pm.
- Olta: performing March 19 & 20 in the Pot of Gold Pavilion at 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm.
- Celtic Plain: performing March 12, 13, 19, & 20 on Rocky’s Truck Stage at 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 5pm.
- Chattanooga Pipe Band: A Shamrock City Favorite! The Chattanooga Pipe Band will be piping and drumming throughout the gardens daily, performing some of their favorite Irish tunes.
- Celtic/Irish Harp Performances by Local Harpist Rachel Payne: performing daily at Gardens Gateway.
Events in August 2022
|July 31, 2022||August 1, 2022||August 2, 2022||August 3, 2022||August 4, 2022||August 5, 2022||August 6, 2022|
|August 7, 2022||August 8, 2022||August 9, 2022||August 10, 2022||August 11, 2022||August 12, 2022||August 13, 2022|
|August 14, 2022||August 15, 2022||August 16, 2022||August 17, 2022||August 18, 2022||August 19, 2022||August 20, 2022|
|August 21, 2022||August 22, 2022||August 23, 2022||August 24, 2022||August 25, 2022||August 26, 2022||August 27, 2022|
|August 28, 2022||August 29, 2022||August 30, 2022||August 31, 2022||September 1, 2022||September 2, 2022||September 3, 2022|
Dining & Menus
Dining & Menus
Open 11am – 4pm (No alcohol until 12pm on Sundays)
- Scotch Eggs
- Irish Stew
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Irish Colcannonballs
- Vegan Shepherds Pie
- Guinness Cupcakes and Floats
- Irish Coffee
- Black and Tan
- Black Velvet
Pot of Gold Pavilion
Open 11am – 5pm Saturday and 12pm – 5pm Sunday
- Dublin Coddle with sausage, potatoes, and onions
- Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Specialty Beer on Tap
Big Rock Grill
Open 10:30am – 5pm
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Green Mint Milkshake
- Over the Rainbow fudge
- Fresh Squeeze Limeade
- Coming Soon
In March, look for Serviceberry, Red Maples, and Pansies blooming in our gardens. Don’t miss the breathtaking views from Lover’s Leap as spring blooms at beautiful Rock City Gardens!
Partners & Sponsors
Rock City is proud to once again partner with the MDA (Chattanooga District of the Muscular Dystrophy Association) for Shamrock City and participate in their Shamrocks for Dystrophy fundraiser.
Rock City will be selling Shamrocks for Dystrophy ($1 green, $5 gold) throughout the park beginning March 1 and throughout our Shamrock City event.
What your dollars will buy by supporting the MDA:
- $30 – One Flu Shot
- $70 – One minute of research
- $100 – One support group session
- $150 – One physical, occupation, or respiratory therapy consultation
- $200 – Initial diagnostic work-up at an MDA clinic
- $500 – Assists one person for one year with the repair of a wheelchair or leg braces
- $800 – Sends one child to MDA Summer Camp
The money raised during the Shamrocks against Dystrophy Campaign will help provide the above services to individuals living right here in our community.