Enchanted Garden of Lights
Celebrate 26 years of holiday tradition at Rock City's award-winning Enchanted Garden of Lights — where joy, wonder, and magic await!
Warm your heart during this nighttime, family tradition as you walk through Rock City Gardens' winter wonderland. Located a quick drive from downtown Chattanooga, this magical Christmas lights experience is one of Chattanooga's memorable winter events.
Take a stroll down the lighted Grand Corridor in Yule Town, experience the twinkle of icy lights in the Arctic Kingdom, and the Magic Forest comes alive to reveal exciting enchantments!
All guests must reserve an entry time in advance online. Tickets and Passholder Entry Times cannot be booked upon arrival at the ticket desk.
November | 2020
December | 2020 January | 2021
Regular Night Admission
(Green on Calendar)
$26.95 / $14.95
Adults / Children (ages 3-12)
Special Weeknight Admission
(Gold on Calendar)
$24.95 / $13.95
Adults / Children (ages 3-12)
Value Night Admission
(Light Blue on Calendar)
$16.95 / $8.95
Adults / Children (ages 3-12)
Same Great Experience - Value Priced
Check the calendar for dates to take advantage of these special savings.
Annual Passholder Reservations
Free / 50% off select nights
Rock City Annual Passholders receive unlimited admission on Special Weeknight and Value Nights for the Enchanted Garden of Lights.
VIP Annual Passholders also receive unlimited admission on Regular nights. Regular Annual Passholders receive 50% off admission on Regular Priced Nights.
Hours & Pricing
November 20, 2020 – January 2, 2021 | 5:00pm - 9:00pm (10:00pm on select nights)
Reserved timed entry tickets must be purchased online in advance.
- Tickets sold online ONLY. Tickets will not be sold in-person. Purchase timed tickets early for best availability.
- ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS: All guests must have an advance reservation to visit the Enchanted Garden of Lights. Reserve your entry time online using the Buy Tickets Link, choosing your visit date, and select Passholder Reservation.
- Pricing for the Enchanted Garden of Lights is based on the date of your visit. After clicking Buy Tickets, choose your visit date from the calendar to see the available ticket options.
- The Enchanted Garden of Lights trail is not fully stroller and handicap accessible. Backpack or Front-style child carriers are recommended and stroller parking is available. A limited access / ADA trail is available to reach certain portions of the trail.
The Arctic Kingdom Aurora Lights
Journey through this newly enhanced realm filled with the traditional icy blue and white, but immersed with the addition of aquamarine and purple creating a design reminiscent of the aurora borealis lights; bringing new life into this icy, Arctic realm of wonder.
The Magic Forest Soars to Holiday Heights
The Magic Forest soars to holiday heights with the 43-foot tree of lights featuring 12,690 channels of light control. Descend through the Magic Forest as the sounds of the season dance around you. Walk through the center of the 43-foot tree and into a 40-foot-long walk through archway tunnel where an additional 3,000 channels of light control form an oversized marquee-style board displaying holiday magic.
Visit Santa in his office
Immerse yourself in this BRAND NEW Santa experience. Meet Santa Claus in his cozy office where he works hard creating the Naughty and Nice list! Catch a one-of-a-kind glimpse of his Toy Shop and Sleigh as Santa prepares to spread Christmas Magic throughout the world! *Photos by DigiPhoto.
The Christmas Shoppes
Make sure Santa is impressed this Christmas Eve! Get your personalized ornaments, winter wear, plush ornaments, and more. Located in the North Pole Village
Enchanting Souvenirs & Holiday Gift Headquarters
After enjoying the holiday lights, stop by and do all of your holiday shopping in Downtown Yuletown. Garden’s Gateway and Woodland Wonders offer unique finds such as: the iconic Rock City Birdhouse, Birdfeeders, and Hummingbird Feeders, plus a NEW Enchanted Garden of Lights tree with Silver Bell.
|December 27, 2020||December 28, 2020||December 29, 2020||December 30, 2020||December 31, 2020||January 1, 2021||January 2, 2021|
|January 3, 2021||January 4, 2021||January 5, 2021||January 6, 2021||January 7, 2021||January 8, 2021||January 9, 2021|
|January 10, 2021||January 11, 2021||January 12, 2021||January 13, 2021||January 14, 2021||January 15, 2021||January 16, 2021|
|January 17, 2021||January 18, 2021||January 19, 2021||January 20, 2021||January 21, 2021||January 22, 2021||January 23, 2021|
|January 24, 2021||January 25, 2021||January 26, 2021||January 27, 2021||January 28, 2021||January 29, 2021||January 30, 2021|
|January 31, 2021||February 1, 2021||February 2, 2021||February 3, 2021||February 4, 2021||February 5, 2021||February 6, 2021|
Dining & Menus
Dining & Menus
Gingerbread Cookie Decorating
Purchase a DIY Gingerbread Cookie kit in the Big Rock Grill. Guests will be given their own personal take home icing containers to design and decorate their cookie at home or at one of the cookie decorating stations inside the Big Rock Grill.
North Pole Lodge
Warm up with our delicious Hot Cocoa, Apple Cider, Coffee, Cappuccino and Chocolate Chip Cookies. Open Nightly, Weather Permitting
Enjoy freshly popped Reindeer (Kettle) Corn, located on the Christmas Plaza. Open Nightly, Weather Permitting
Reindeer View Terraces (Cafe 7)
Enjoy hot drinks with a view like none other! Red and white mulled wine, Poinsettia’s (think Mimosa but made with Cranberry Juice), Hot Apple Cider and Eggnog, Regional Craft Beers and Domestics on Tap. Nightly made-from-scratch special. Open Nightly, Weather Permitting.
Retreat from winter’s chill and warm up with a fresh to order Funnel Cake. Hot drinks and cookies also available. Open Nightly. Nearby also visit the Gazebo for Light-up Cotton Candy or the Dippin Dots cart for Hot Cocoa and Cappuccino.
Enjoy the sweet flavors of the holiday season with our custom labeled Enchanted Garden of Lights wine.
Can I purchase tickets in-person at the ticket window?
- No, all tickets are timed-entry reserved tickets and must be purchased online in advance. Tickets will not be sold in-person. Nights will sell out in advance. We recommend purchasing your timed entry tickets early for best availability as capacity is extremely limited.
Do Annual Passholders need to reserve a time?
- Yes, all guests must have a timed-entry reservation in order to visit the Enchanted Garden of Lights. Passholders can reserve their entry online here.
What are the safety policies surrounding COVID-19?
- To read about Rock City’s safety and sanitation procedures, visit the COVID-19 information page for details.
- Please note – face coverings must be worn at all times when social distancing cannot be maintained. Winter scarves wrapped around the face are not sufficient face coverings. Masks are required.
What time should I arrive?
- We recommend that you arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the admission time on your ticket reservation. This will give you time to park and walk to the entrance gate at the front of the gardens. Guests will not be admitted before their reserved time.
Can I change the date/time of my ticket?
- Yes, tickets can be changed to different dates/times IF there is availability during your preferred time slot.* This can be done online following the directions on the Ticket FAQ page or by emailing us. Please note – this email address is monitored Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm. *An upcharge will apply to change from a lower-priced admission night to a higher-priced night.
We were not able to visit on our scheduled date/time, can I get a refund?
- Tickets for the Enchanted Garden of Lights are non-refundable. Tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase and the date can be adjusted following the instructions on our Ticket FAQ page. If you would like to convert your Enchanted Garden of Lights tickets to daytime Rock City tickets, please email us for assistance.
Where can I find coupons or discounts?
- We are not offering any coupons or discounts for the Enchanted Garden of Lights for the 2020 season. Coupons for Rock City cannot be redeemed online, nor do we offer price adjustments due to coupons at the guest service window.
Are you having live entertainment?
- No, due to physical distancing recommendations, we will not be featuring live entertainment, costumed characters, or entertainers at the Enchanted Garden of Lights this year.
Is Santa visiting?
- Yes! Santa will be at the Enchanted Garden of Lights for visits through December 23, 2020 with an extra special way to greet guests and take photos. Children will not be able to sit on Santa’s lap, but guests will have an opportunity to interact with him and pose for a photo at his new workshop!
When is the best time to attend?
- This year, we have timed entry and limited capacity per night, so we anticipate crowds to be more evenly divided among most days. Tickets are ONLY available online and we recommend purchasing your tickets early for best availability.
How much does it cost?
- Admission price varies by date. Adult admission ranges from $16.95 – $26.95 and Children, ages 3-12, ranges from $8.95 – $14.95. Click here to view our calendar and plan your visit. Tickets are available online only.
Is there a combination to visit during both the day and evening?
- No, there is not a combo day and evening ticket this year. A timed admission tickets for entry between 8:30am – 3:45pm is required to visit Rock City during the day, and a separate timed-entry admission is required for the Enchanted Garden of Lights during the hours of 5:00pm – 9/10:00pm. All guests wishing to visit for both experiences will exit the park at the close of the daytime hours (8:30am – 4:00pm) and re-enter with a timed entry admission ticket for the Enchanted Garden of Lights (5:00-9/10:00pm).
Can I visit the Enchanted Garden of Lights with a regular/daytime Rock City Gardens ticket?
- No, a separate timed entry admission, purchased online specifically for the Enchanted Garden of Lights, is required for your visit.
Are you having Dinner with Santa?
- No, unfortunately we are not able to offer Dinner with Santa this year.
Is all of the daytime Rock City trail open during the Enchanted Garden of Lights?
- Most of Rock City is open for the Enchanted Garden of Lights, but as in past years, Fat Man’s Squeeze and the Hall of the Mountain King are closed due to steep, dark passageways. There is a portion of Rock City that is open during the Enchanted Garden of Lights that is not open during other times of the year. A different vantage point to explore!
Is there enough parking?
- As we are located on top of a mountain, there is a limited number of parking spaces available. We have continued to expand our parking area in recent years and do our very best to park our guests as efficiently as possible. On our busiest nights, we have a police officer assisting with traffic before you arrive at Rock City and every night we have our own parking attendants working to assist guests. While we cannot control the traffic, we will do our best to get everyone parked as quickly and safely as possible.
Bring A Group
Bring A Group
Group Pricing is based on on the date you wish to visit. Please view the online calendar to see which admission price will be valid on your visit date.
Enchanted Garden of Lights Regular Admission Nights
Enchanted Garden of Lights Special Weeknight Admission Nights
Group Booking Details
- Discounted group admission is available by reservation only for groups of 20 or more paying guests.
- Blackout Dates apply – Discounted group bookings are not available for the Enchanted Garden of Lights on certain nights. Please call to inquire.
- Group meals are available during the Enchanted Garden of Lights with 2 weeks advance notice and will be served in the Big Rock Grill with a maximum of 50 guests.
To make a reservation, please call 877-820-0759 Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm Eastern Time.
Be on the lookout for pansies blooming in our gardens and lots of Holiday Joy!!
Partners & Sponsors
Rock City is proud to support the Ronald McDonald House during the Enchanted Garden of Lights event. Rock City has given over $100,000 to Ronald McDonald House so far from proceeds from this holiday event.
Rock City’s Enchanted Garden of Lights was selected as a Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 Festival & Event winner for November 2019.