Enchanted Garden of Lights
Celebrate 28 years of holiday tradition at Rock City's award-winning Enchanted Garden of Lights — where joy, wonder, and magic await!
Warm your heart during this nighttime, family tradition as you walk through Rock City Gardens' winter wonderland. Located a quick drive from downtown Chattanooga, this magical Christmas lights experience is one of Chattanooga's memorable winter events.
Take a stroll down the lighted Grand Corridor in Yule Town, experience the twinkle of icy lights in the Arctic Kingdom, and the Magic Forest comes alive to reveal exciting enchantments! Allow the wonder of the Heart of the Mountain, the Enchanted Garden of Lights all new realm, to thrill you.
All guests must reserve an entry time in advance online. Tickets cannot be purchased upon arrival at the ticket desk. Annual Passholders do NOT need reservations.
November | 2022
December | 2022
January | 2023
Regular Night Admission
$27.95 / $17.95
Adults / Child (ages 3-12)
Special Weeknight Admission
$25.95 / $15.95
Adults / Child (ages 3-12)
Value Night Admission
$19.95 / $9.95
Adults / Child (ages 3-12)
Valid December 1 & 12, 2022
Peak Night Admission
$31.95 / $21.95
Adults / Child (ages 3-12)
Hours & Pricing
November 18, 2022 – January 1, 2023 | Entry Times: 4:30pm - 9:00pm (10:00pm Fridays - Sundays)
Park closes two hours after last entry time.
- TICKETS SOLD ONLINE ONLY. Tickets will not be sold in-person. Purchase timed tickets early for best availability.
- ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS: Passholders do NOT need reservations and are welcome to visit on by showing their pass at the greeter, including SOLD OUT nights. Visits for VIP Passholders are included for any night. Visits for Regular Passholders are included on Monday - Thursday nights and discounted 50% off admission will apply on any Friday - Sunday night.
- Pricing for the Enchanted Garden of Lights is based on the date of your visit. After clicking Buy Tickets, choose your visit date from the calendar to see the available ticket options.
- The Enchanted Garden of Lights trail is not fully stroller and handicap accessible. Backpack or Front-style child carriers are recommended and stroller parking is available. A limited access / ADA trail is available to reach certain portions of the trail.
- Guests cannot enter the park for Enchanted Garden of Lights before their entry time. This includes access to food and Santa. Restrooms available on ticket plaza. Starbucks is located across the street and is allowed in the park.
The Arctic Kingdom Aurora Lights
Journey through this newly enhanced realm filled with the traditional icy blue and white, but immersed with the addition of aquamarine and purple creating a design reminiscent of the aurora borealis lights; bringing new life into this icy, Arctic realm of wonder.
The Magic Forest Soars to Holiday Heights
The Magic Forest soars to holiday heights with the 43-foot tree of lights featuring 12,690 channels of light control. Descend through the Magic Forest as the sounds of the season dance around you. Walk through the center of the 43-foot tree and into a 40-foot-long walk through archway tunnel where an additional 3,000 channels of light control form an oversized marquee-style board displaying holiday magic.
Immerse yourself in this Santa experience. Meet Santa Claus in his cozy workshop where he works hard creating the Naughty and Nice list! *Photos by DigiPhoto.
Rock City’s newest enhancement, our solar-powered Garden Arbor on the Ticket Plaza will be festively decorated for the season and welcoming guests to being their magical Christmas journey.
The Christmas Shoppes
Make sure Santa is impressed this Christmas Eve! Get your personalized ornaments, winter wear, plush ornaments, and more. Located in the North Pole Village
Enchanting Souvenirs & Holiday Gift Headquarters
After enjoying the holiday lights, stop by and do all of your holiday shopping in Downtown Yuletown. Garden’s Gateway and Woodland Wonders offer unique finds such as: the iconic Rock City Birdhouse, Birdfeeders, and Hummingbird Feeders, plus a NEW Enchanted Garden of Lights tree with Silver Bell.
Celebrate a wonderful holiday tradition AND make sure you capture each moment. To celebrate with us, stop and take a moment to capture a memory worth repeating. There are plenty of wonderful photo opportunities for you and your your family and friends! Tell us your story – use the hashtag #EnchantedGardenofLights and tag Rock City on social media!
Events in December 2022
|November 27, 2022||November 28, 2022||November 29, 2022||November 30, 2022||December 1, 2022||December 2, 2022||December 3, 2022|
|December 4, 2022||December 5, 2022||December 6, 2022||December 7, 2022||December 8, 2022||December 9, 2022||December 10, 2022|
|December 11, 2022||December 12, 2022||December 13, 2022||December 14, 2022||December 15, 2022||December 16, 2022||December 17, 2022|
|December 18, 2022||December 19, 2022||December 20, 2022||December 21, 2022||December 22, 2022||December 23, 2022||December 24, 2022|
|December 25, 2022||December 26, 2022||December 27, 2022||December 28, 2022||December 29, 2022||December 30, 2022||December 31, 2022|
Dining & Menus
Dining & Menus
Santa’s Workshop & Kitchen
Dinner Service: 5:00pm – 8:00pm (9:00pm Fri – Sun)
Visit Santa: 5:00pm – Park Close
We are excited to announce a new experience at this year’s Enchanted Garden of Lights! Instead of an exclusive Dinner with Santa event on select nights, this season we are turning our Big Rock Grill into Santa’s Workshop & Kitchen, where guests can dine for a seated meal any night and opt for photos with St. Nick in his workshop!
There are no reservations required ahead of time, seating is on a first-come, first-served basis, with a preset menu.
- Dinner salad with ranch, balsamic or bleu cheese dressing
- Chicken casserole served with slow-cooked pinto beans, mashed potatoes & three-cheese macaroni OR Vegetable plate with mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, and slow-cooked pinto beans
- Classic cheesecake with strawberry compote
- Kids Option: Chicken fingers with mashed potatoes
North Pole Lodge
Open: 4:30pm – 10:00pm (11:00pm Fri – Sun)
Warm up with our delicious House-Made Hot Cocoa, Apple Cider, Coffee, or Cappuccino. Snack on Pretzels, Grilled Bratwurst with Mashed Potatoes or Loaded Chili.
- Gingerbread Cookie Decorating
- Decorate a Gingerbread Cookie with Mrs. Claus in the North Pole Lodge. Let your imagination take over and create something unique to you!
Open: 4:30pm – 10:00pm (11:00pm Fri – Sun)
Enjoy hot drinks with a view like none other! Red and white mulled wine, Poinsettia’s (think Mimosa but made with Cranberry Juice), Hot Apple Cider and Eggnog, Regional Craft Beers and Domestics on Tap. Warm up with delicious dining options like Loaded Potato Soup or a Pulled Pork Plate with Mashed Potatoes and Three-Cheese Macaroni.
Open: 4:30pm – 10:00pm (11:00pm Fri – Sun)
Retreat from winter’s chill and warm up with a fresh to order Funnel Cake and Fried Cookie Dough. Hot drinks, Pizza, Hot Dogs, and other snacks also available.
Can I purchase tickets in-person at the ticket window?
- No, all tickets are timed-entry reservations and must be purchased online in advance. Tickets will not be sold in-person. Nights will sell out in advance. We recommend purchasing your timed entry tickets early for best availability as capacity is limited.
Do Annual Passholders need to reserve a time?
- No, annual passholders do NOT need reservations and are welcome to visit on any night valid with their pass, including SOLD OUT nights. Visits for VIP Passholders are included for any night. Visits for Regular Passholders are included on Monday – Thursday nights and a 50% upcharge will apply on any Friday – Sunday night.
What time should I arrive?
- We recommend that you arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the admission time on your ticket reservation. This will give you time to park and walk to the entrance gate at the front of the gardens. Guests will not be admitted before their reserved time.
Can I change the date/time of my ticket?
- Yes, tickets can be changed to different dates/times IF there is availability during your preferred time slot* by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note – this email address is monitored Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm. *An upcharge will apply to change from a lower-priced admission night to a higher-priced night.
We were not able to visit on our scheduled date/time, can I get a refund?
- Tickets for the Enchanted Garden of Lights are non-refundable. Tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase and the date can be adjusted. Please email us for assistance.
Where can I find coupons or discounts?
- We are not offering any coupons or discounts for the Enchanted Garden of Lights for the 2022 season. Coupons for Rock City cannot be redeemed online, nor do we offer price adjustments due to coupons at the guest service window.
Is Santa visiting?
- Yes! Santa will be at the Enchanted Garden of Lights for visits through December 23, 2022 with an extra special way to greet guests and take photos.
When is the best time to attend?
- This year, we have timed entry and limited capacity per night, so we anticipate crowds to be more evenly divided among most days. Tickets are ONLY available online and we recommend purchasing your tickets early for best availability.
How much does it cost?
- Admission price varies by date. Adult admission ranges from $19.95 – $31.95 and Children, ages 3-12, ranges from $9.95 – $21.95. Click here to view our calendar and plan your visit. Tickets are available online only.
Is there a combination to visit during both the day and evening?
- We welcome guests to stay in the park as we transition nightly from the day to night experience. However, once a guest leaves the park, they will not be able to re-enter with the same ticket.
Can I visit the Enchanted Garden of Lights with a regular/daytime Rock City Gardens ticket?
- No, a separate timed entry admission, purchased online specifically for the Enchanted Garden of Lights, is required for your visit.
Is there enough parking?
- As we are located on top of a mountain, there is a limited number of parking spaces available. We have continued to expand our parking area in recent years and do our very best to park our guests as efficiently as possible. On our busiest nights, we have a police officer assisting with traffic before you arrive at Rock City and every night we have our own parking attendants working to assist guests. While we cannot control the traffic, we will do our best to get everyone parked as quickly and safely as possible.
Are you having Dinner with Santa this year?
- We are excited to announce a new experience at this year’s Enchanted Garden of Lights! Instead of an exclusive Dinner with Santa event on select nights, this season we are turning our Big Rock Grill into Santa’s Workshop & Kitchen, where guests can dine for a seated meal any night and opt for photos with St. Nick in his workshop! For details on this activity, visit the Dining section & Menus section.
Bring A Group
Bring A Group
Group Pricing is based on on the date you wish to visit. Please view the online calendar to see which admission price will be valid on your visit date.
Enchanted Garden of Lights Regular Admission Nights
Children (ages 3-18): $16.50
Enchanted Garden of Lights Special Weeknight Admission Nights
Children (ages 3-18): $14.50
Group Booking Details
- Discounted group admission is available by reservation only for groups of 20 or more paying guests.
- Group reservations are subject to availability. Blackout Dates can apply as discounted group bookings are not available on certain nights. Please call to inquire about your date.
To make a reservation, please call 877-820-0759 Monday through Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm Eastern Time.
Explore the Enchanted Realms
See: Magic Underpass, Fairy Glen, Rainbow Bridge, Rainbow Hall, City Lights, Lovers Leap, the Christmas Star, Rainbow Overpass, and the Hall of the Mountain King: the Hidden Troll, Glow Steps, Heart of the Mountain Falls, and the Waterfall Stairs.
Wander through the hourglass door at Fat Man’s Squeeze and experience the enchantment of Rock City’s newest realm: Heart of the Mountain. This innovative section of the Enchanted Trail is layered with both traditional and creative lighting enhancements.
For the first time, experience Lover’s Leap; the High Falls; and the Christmas Star on the observation deck, at night!
See: Light Tunnel, Dancing Forest, 40′ Walk-thru tree, Spring Holiday Flowers, Dancing Canopy, Glitter Lights.
Stroll through Magic Forest is a whole new way! The Magic Forest explodes with a vast array or multi-hued lights, all dancing to the tune of holiday music. Enter under the 40′ tree, meander through tunnels and delight in spectacular glitter lights.
See: Santa, Grand Corridor, Doves in Flight, Toy Land, Sledding Snowman, Packaging Elves, Santa’s Toy Soldiers, American Flags
Make your way to Downtown Yule Town. Stop by Santa’s Workshop and Kitchen to see Santa and enjoy a warm holiday dinner. Spend time holiday shopping for unique Rock City gifts. Then, journey down Grand Corridor to be whisked away to the joys of Christmases gone by.
See: Blizzard’s Pass, Penguins, Arctic Deck, Glacier Cove
Immerse yourself in Arctic Kingdom: Rock City’s winter wonderland. Stroll through a gentle snowfall of light, awash in arctic colors.
North Pole Village
See: the Christmas Star, City Lights, Gingerbread House, Cafe 7, Cliff Terrace, and Jerry the live Toy Soldier
North Pole Highway
See: Grand Entryway with Photos, Nativity Light Show, North Pole Lodge, storytime with Mrs. Claus, Cookie Decorating, and the Christmas Market
Enter at the “Start of the Heart” and journey down the North Pole Highway to access the entrances to all the realms.
Venture into Fairyland Caverns near the Roundhouse and experience this nostalgic portion of the Enchanted Trail. Exit through the gift shop in order to put unique Rock City Christmas presents under your tree.
Sample/Suggested Itineraries to make the most of your visit to the Enchanted Garden of Lights.
for a family with small children wanting to see Santa
⇒ After entering the gate, head straight to Downtown Yuletown (turn right after the manger scene)
⇒ Once in Downtown Yuletown, use the door on the to enter Big Rock Cafe (Santa’s Workshop) to see Santa!
⇒ Have dinner in Santa’s Workshop & Kitchen.
⇒ Go to the giftshop in Downtown Yuletown to visit the Yuletown realm (straight through the red doors)
⇒ After Yuletown, turn right and go to Arctic Kingdom which turns into North Pole Village. Inside of North Pole Village, you can get adult drinks and hot chocolate from Cafe 7 and see Lover’s Leap.
⇒ Head up to the Christmas Market next to see Mrs. Claus, decorate cookies and shop for unique gifts. After the Christmas Market, head to our newest realm, Heart of the Mountain (just down the path from the Christmas Market).
⇒ While going through Heart of the Mountain, the realm will transition into the Magic Forest. Once complete with the Magic Forest, go straight across the path to the Fairyland Caverns realm (you’ll see a bunch of bird houses hanging over the entrance).
⇒ The Fairyland Caverns realm will end at the Gift Shop in case you missed any other items you wanted to purchase.
⇒ You can then make your way towards the exit after going past Woodland Wonders and the Fudge Kitchen.
fun for the whole family
⇒ Once through the entrance gate, head straight to the Christmas Market. Peruse the selections and grab a hot beverage before you start on your first realm. Don’t worry, you’ll be back later to get that special gift!
⇒ Head down to our newest realm, the Heart of the Mountain starting through Fat Man’s Squeeze. Enjoy all of the new additions to this trail, illuminated for the first year ever during the Enchanted Garden of Lights.
⇒ Dance your way through the Magic Forest back up to Legacy Lane. Head straight to the Arctic Kingdom down Legacy Lane to your left and enjoy a winter wonderland, with views of the city from the Stone Bridge and from above the Heart of the Mountain realm.
⇒ Next up is the North Pole Village realm that includes Cafe 7 and Cliff Terrace. Grab a bite to eat on Lover’s Leap at either location or head back up to the Christmas Market for a quick bite. Stop back in the Christmas Market for story time with Mrs. Claus and warm up by the fire while the kids hear a story. Find that one-of-a-kind gift in the market.
⇒ Head from there to Downtown Yuletown for pictures with Santa and to start the Yuletown realm through the double doors.
⇒ At the end of Yuletown realm (the end is where the two flags are), head down Legacy Lane to Fairyland Caverns. There are a bunch of illuminated birdhouses hanging above this entrance. This realm includes our classic Fairyland Caverns – a tradition you must see.
⇒ At the end of Fairyland Caverns, you will end up in the Gift Shop where you can shop for gifts or items to take home.
for young adults or anyone on a date night
⇒ Once through the entrance gate, head straight toward the Christmas Market and grab an adult beverage or hot chocolate.
⇒ Then head straight to the Arctic Kingdom which is just down the path on your right (you’ll backtrack a little here). The Arctic Kingdom will have a nice spot to stop by the firepit at Shelter Rock to finish your beverage and warm up.
⇒ Next up is the North Pole Village realm that includes Cafe 7 and Cliff Terrace. Grab a bite to eat on Lover’s Leap at either location (and grab another beverage if you so choose).
⇒ Once you are done with dinner, head over to our newest realm, Heart of the Mountain. The first part of this realm is Fat Man’s Squeeze.
⇒ In this realm, you will then transition to the Magic Forest with the dancing trees.
⇒ At the end of this realm, you can head straight across the lane to Fairyland Caverns realm. There are a bunch of illuminated birdhouses hanging above this entrance. This realm includes our classic Fairyland Caverns – a tradition you must see.
⇒ At the end of Fairyland Caverns, you will end up in the Gift Shop where you can shop for gifts or items to take home. In the gift shop, be sure to turn right to head into the Yuletown Realm.
⇒ At the end of Yuletown Realm (the end is where the two flags are), you will turn left to head into Downtown Yuletown to exit. If you so choose, you can visit Santa on your way out. He’s at Santa’s Workshop & Kitchen on your left on the way out.
for the Fairytale and food fanatics
⇒ Once through the entrance gate, head straight to our middle of all things Fairyland, with a trip to Fairyland Caverns and Mother Goose Village! Turn right after you enter to head down the steps under the illuminated birdhouses.
⇒ At the end of Fairyland Caverns, head across the plaza to Santa’s Workshop & Kitchen for a full three-course meal with Santa in Santa’s workshop, complete with a full offering of beer and wine.
⇒ After dinner, get your photos taken with Santa himself! Don’t forget to grab a seasonal to go drink as you start the trail.
⇒ Head back through the double red doors to begin the Yuletown realm.
⇒ After Yuletown, step into the Christmas Market, to your right, for a beverage and to decorate cookies with Mrs. Claus.
⇒ Then head straight to the Arctic Kingdom just down the path on your right (you’ll backtrack a little here).
⇒ Next up is the North Pole Village realm which includes Cafe 7 and Cliff Terrace. Enjoy elevated offerings and gourmet hot chocolate on the patio from Cafe 7, next to the firepits, with an unbeatable view. Or satisfy your cravings with a simpler offering from Cliff Terrace.
⇒ Once you are done with dinner, head over to our newest realm, the Heart of the Mountain. Turn right at the barn by Prospector’s Point to start this realm at Fat Man’s Squeeze. In this realm you will then transition to the Magic Forest with the dancing trees.
⇒ At the end of this realm, head back to Downtown Yuletown to pick up your famous Rock City fudge and be sure to stop by the Rock City Starbucks on your way to your car for a hot drink on the ride home.
Partners & Sponsors
Rock City is proud to support the Ronald McDonald House during the Enchanted Garden of Lights event. Rock City has given over $100,000 to Ronald McDonald House so far from proceeds from this holiday event.
Rock City’s Enchanted Garden of Lights was selected as the Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 Event of the Year for 2021.