Enchanted Garden of Lights
Celebrate 28 years of holiday tradition at Rock City's award-winning Enchanted Garden of Lights — where joy, wonder, and magic await!
Warm your heart during this nighttime, family tradition as you walk through Rock City Gardens' winter wonderland. Located a quick drive from downtown Chattanooga, this magical Christmas lights experience is one of Chattanooga's memorable winter events.
Take a stroll down the lighted Grand Corridor in Yule Town, experience the twinkle of icy lights in the Arctic Kingdom, and the Magic Forest comes alive to reveal exciting enchantments!
All guests must reserve an entry time in advance online. Tickets and Passholder Entry Times cannot be booked upon arrival at the ticket desk.
November | 2022
December | 2022
January | 2023
Regular Night Admission
$27.95 / $17.95
Adults / Children (ages 3-12)
Special Weeknight Admission
$25.95 / $15.95
Adults / Children (ages 3-12)
Value Night Admission
$19.95 / $9.95
Adults / Children (ages 3-12)
Same Great Experience - Value Priced
Check the calendar for dates to take advantage of these special savings.
Peak Night Admission
$31.95 / $21.95
Adults / Children (ages 3-12)
Hours & Pricing
November 18, 2022 – January 1, 2023 | 5:00pm - 9:00pm (10:00pm on select nights)
Reserved timed entry tickets must be purchased online in advance.
- TICKETS SOLD ONLINE ONLY. Tickets will not be sold in-person. Purchase timed tickets early for best availability.
- ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS: All guests must have an advance reservation to visit the Enchanted Garden of Lights. Reserve your entry time online using the Buy Tickets Link, choosing your visit date, and select Passholder Reservation.
- Pricing for the Enchanted Garden of Lights is based on the date of your visit. After clicking Buy Tickets, choose your visit date from the calendar to see the available ticket options.
- The Enchanted Garden of Lights trail is not fully stroller and handicap accessible. Backpack or Front-style child carriers are recommended and stroller parking is available. A limited access / ADA trail is available to reach certain portions of the trail.
The Arctic Kingdom Aurora Lights
Journey through this newly enhanced realm filled with the traditional icy blue and white, but immersed with the addition of aquamarine and purple creating a design reminiscent of the aurora borealis lights; bringing new life into this icy, Arctic realm of wonder.
*Visit with a character from the Arctic Kingdom – Jack Frost or Inara the Ice Queen will be appearing nightly near Santa’s Workshop.
The Magic Forest Soars to Holiday Heights
The Magic Forest soars to holiday heights with the 43-foot tree of lights featuring 12,690 channels of light control. Descend through the Magic Forest as the sounds of the season dance around you. Walk through the center of the 43-foot tree and into a 40-foot-long walk through archway tunnel where an additional 3,000 channels of light control form an oversized marquee-style board displaying holiday magic.
Visit Santa in his workshop
Immerse yourself in this Santa experience. Meet Santa Claus in his cozy workshop where he works hard creating the Naughty and Nice list! Catch a one-of-a-kind glimpse of his Toy Shop and Sleigh as Santa prepares to spread Christmas Magic throughout the world! *Photos by DigiPhoto.
Rock City’s newest enhancement, our solar-powered Garden Arbor on the Ticket Plaza will be festively decorated for the season and welcoming guests to being their magical Christmas journey.
Rocky’s Tree Farm Music Stage
Hear the music of the season as performed by small bands and ensembles live from Rocky’s Tree Farm on select nights. See performance calendar on the entertainment tab.
The Christmas Shoppes
Make sure Santa is impressed this Christmas Eve! Get your personalized ornaments, winter wear, plush ornaments, and more. Located in the North Pole Village
Enchanting Souvenirs & Holiday Gift Headquarters
After enjoying the holiday lights, stop by and do all of your holiday shopping in Downtown Yuletown. Garden’s Gateway and Woodland Wonders offer unique finds such as: the iconic Rock City Birdhouse, Birdfeeders, and Hummingbird Feeders, plus a NEW Enchanted Garden of Lights tree with Silver Bell.
Celebrate a wonderful holiday tradition AND make sure you capture each moment. To celebrate with us, stop and take a moment to capture a memory worth repeating. There are plenty of wonderful photo opportunities for you and your your family and friends! Tell us your story – use the hashtag #EnchantedGardenofLights and tag Rock City on social media!
|December 26, 2021||December 27, 2021||December 28, 2021||December 29, 2021||December 30, 2021||December 31, 2021||January 1, 2022|
|January 2, 2022||January 3, 2022||January 4, 2022||January 5, 2022||January 6, 2022||January 7, 2022||January 8, 2022|
|January 9, 2022||January 10, 2022||January 11, 2022||January 12, 2022||January 13, 2022||January 14, 2022||January 15, 2022|
|January 16, 2022||January 17, 2022||January 18, 2022||January 19, 2022||January 20, 2022||January 21, 2022||January 22, 2022|
|January 23, 2022||January 24, 2022||January 25, 2022||January 26, 2022||January 27, 2022||January 28, 2022||January 29, 2022|
|January 30, 2022||January 31, 2022||February 1, 2022||February 2, 2022||February 3, 2022||February 4, 2022||February 5, 2022|
Dining & Menus
Dining & Menus
Gingerbread Cookie Decorating
Decorate a Gingerbread Cookie with Mrs. Claus in the North Pole Lodge. Let your imagination take over and create something unique to you!
North Pole Lodge
Warm up with our delicious Hot Cocoa, Coffee, Cappuccino and Cookies. Open Nightly, Weather Permitting
Reindeer View Terraces (Cafe 7)
Enjoy hot drinks with a view like none other! Red and white mulled wine, Poinsettia’s (think Mimosa but made with Cranberry Juice), Hot Apple Cider and Eggnog, Regional Craft Beers and Domestics on Tap. Nightly made-from-scratch special. Open Nightly, Weather Permitting.
Retreat from winter’s chill and warm up with a fresh to order Funnel Cake. Hot drinks and cookies also available. Open Nightly. Nearby also visit the Gazebo for Light-up Cotton Candy (weather-permitting) or the Dippin Dots cart for Hot Cocoa and Cappuccino.
Enjoy the sweet flavors of the holiday season with our custom labeled Enchanted Garden of Lights wine.
Can I purchase tickets in-person at the ticket window?
- No, all tickets are timed-entry reservations and must be purchased online in advance. Tickets will not be sold in-person. Nights will sell out in advance. We recommend purchasing your timed entry tickets early for best availability as capacity is limited.
Do Annual Passholders need to reserve a time?
- Yes, all guests must have a timed-entry reservation in order to visit the Enchanted Garden of Lights. Passholders can reserve their entry online here.
What are the safety policies surrounding COVID-19?
- To read about Rock City’s safety and sanitation procedures, visit the COVID-19 information page for details.
- Please note – face coverings should be worn indoors and when social distancing cannot be maintained.
What time should I arrive?
- We recommend that you arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the admission time on your ticket reservation. This will give you time to park and walk to the entrance gate at the front of the gardens. Guests will not be admitted before their reserved time.
Can I change the date/time of my ticket?
- Yes, tickets can be changed to different dates/times IF there is availability during your preferred time slot.* This can be done online following the directions on the Ticket FAQ page or by emailing us. Please note – this email address is monitored Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm. *An upcharge will apply to change from a lower-priced admission night to a higher-priced night.
We were not able to visit on our scheduled date/time, can I get a refund?
- Tickets for the Enchanted Garden of Lights are non-refundable. Tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase and the date can be adjusted following the instructions on our Ticket FAQ page. If you would like to convert your Enchanted Garden of Lights tickets to daytime Rock City tickets, please email us for assistance.
Where can I find coupons or discounts?
- We are not offering any coupons or discounts for the Enchanted Garden of Lights for the 2021 season. Coupons for Rock City cannot be redeemed online, nor do we offer price adjustments due to coupons at the guest service window.
Are you having live entertainment?
- Yes, small bands or ensembles will perform on select nights on Rocky’s Tree Farm stage.
Is Santa visiting?
- Yes! Santa will be at the Enchanted Garden of Lights for visits through December 23, 2021 with an extra special way to greet guests and take photos. Children will not be able to sit on Santa’s lap, but guests will have an opportunity to interact with him and pose for a photo at his workshop!
When is the best time to attend?
- This year, we have timed entry and limited capacity per night, so we anticipate crowds to be more evenly divided among most days. Tickets are ONLY available online and we recommend purchasing your tickets early for best availability.
How much does it cost?
- Admission price varies by date. Adult admission ranges from $16.95 – $29.95 and Children, ages 3-12, ranges from $8.95 – $15.95. Click here to view our calendar and plan your visit. Tickets are available online only.
Is there a combination to visit during both the day and evening?
- No, there is not a combo day and evening ticket this year. A timed admission tickets for entry between 8:30am – 3:30pm is required to visit Rock City during the day, and a separate timed-entry admission is required for the Enchanted Garden of Lights during the hours of 5:00pm – 9/10:00pm. All guests wishing to visit for both experiences will exit the park at the close of the daytime hours (8:30am – 4:00pm) and re-enter with a timed entry admission ticket for the Enchanted Garden of Lights (5:00-9/10:00pm).
Can I visit the Enchanted Garden of Lights with a regular/daytime Rock City Gardens ticket?
- No, a separate timed entry admission, purchased online specifically for the Enchanted Garden of Lights, is required for your visit.
Are you having Dinner with Santa?
- Yes! Dinner with Santa will take place December 10-14th. Tickets for this popular event sell out quickly. Visit the Dinner with Santa page for more information and to purchase tickets.
Is all of the daytime Rock City trail open during the Enchanted Garden of Lights?
- Most of Rock City is open for the Enchanted Garden of Lights, but as in past years, Fat Man’s Squeeze and the Hall of the Mountain King are closed due to steep, dark passageways. There is a portion of Rock City that is open during the Enchanted Garden of Lights that is not open during other times of the year. A different vantage point to explore!
Is there enough parking?
- As we are located on top of a mountain, there is a limited number of parking spaces available. We have continued to expand our parking area in recent years and do our very best to park our guests as efficiently as possible. On our busiest nights, we have a police officer assisting with traffic before you arrive at Rock City and every night we have our own parking attendants working to assist guests. While we cannot control the traffic, we will do our best to get everyone parked as quickly and safely as possible.
Hear the sounds of the season as performed by small bands and ensembles live from Rocky’s Tree Farm Stage on select nights. Our line-up features over 2 dozen local musicians and diverse and exciting musical genres from contemporary jazz to country to R&B.
Dinner With Santa
Dinner With Santa
Join us for the most magical of evenings, Dinner with Santa! Christmas joy abounds as guests enjoy a traditional holiday meal, one-on-one visits from Santa and friends, plus get VIP admission to the Enchanted Garden of Lights.
Enjoy your holiday meal as Santa and his friends including elves, Inara the Ice Queen or Jack Frost, the Coca-Cola Polar Bear, and Rocky! Each table will be brought to Santa and his friends for group photos during your meal.
- Turkey and Dressing
- Honey Glazed Ham
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Tossed Salad
- Dinner Rolls
- Pumpkin Pie
- Chocolate Christmas Cake
- Coca-Cola Products
- Iced Tea
5:00pm – 7:00pm
(Seating will begin at 4:30pm)
*A child’s ticket (ages 2-12) includes voucher for Gingerbread Cookie Decorating in the North Pole Lodge, one 4×6 character photo with Santa and friends per family, and a special gift
*Children under 2 are welcome to attend the event with their families free of charge! They will not receive a cookie decorating voucher or special gift. These items are available for purchase during the Enchanted Garden of Lights
Seating is limited. Make reservations early!
Bring A Group
Bring A Group
Group Pricing is based on on the date you wish to visit. Please view the online calendar to see which admission price will be valid on your visit date.
Enchanted Garden of Lights Regular Admission Nights
Enchanted Garden of Lights Special Weeknight Admission Nights
Group Booking Details
- Discounted group admission is available by reservation only for groups of 20 or more paying guests.
- Blackout Dates apply – Discounted group bookings are not available for the Enchanted Garden of Lights on certain nights. Please call to inquire.
To make a reservation, please call 877-820-0759 Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm Eastern Time.
Be on the lookout for pansies blooming in our gardens and lots of Holiday Joy!!
Partners & Sponsors
Rock City is proud to support the Ronald McDonald House during the Enchanted Garden of Lights event. Rock City has given over $100,000 to Ronald McDonald House so far from proceeds from this holiday event.
Rock City’s Enchanted Garden of Lights was selected as the Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 Event of the Year for 2021.