This premiere Fall Event includes live German music, German food, specialty beer, Birds of Prey shows, costumed characters, and fun for the whole family! Join the fun at Rock City for the 15th annual Rocktoberfest as we celebrate our German heritage and honor our founder, Frieda Utermoehlen Carter!
October | 2021 Saturdays and Sundays
Hours & Pricing
October Weekends | 8:30am - 5:00pm
Reserved timed-entry tickets required.
- For best availability, advance reservations recommended.
- Premiere Event Admission
- Free with valid Annual Pass
Rocktoberfest Activities & Entertainment
Rocktoberfest Activities & Entertainment
Live German Music
- It’s time to Oompah! Step into those lederhosen or drindl and get ready for a polka! An Oktoberfest celebration wouldn’t be complete without the old world sounds of an authentic German Oompah Band! Rocktoberfest is proud to feature the music of The Wurstbrats and The Musik Meisters.
- Wurstbrats: October 2, 3, 23, & 34
- The Musik Meisters: October 9, 10, 16, 17, 30, & 31
Birds of Prey Raptor Shows
- Come experience an amazing Birds of Prey Show in Rock City’s Critter Classroom. Through our partnership with Wings to Soar, guests can enjoy the rare opportunity to witness these powerful and majestic birds up close.
- Showtimes: 10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, & 5pm
Meet the Fall Fairy
- The Fall Fairy has arrived at Rock City Gardens, bringing the enchantment of autumn along with her. The Fall Fairy will be celebrating the changing of the seasons and greeting guests in the Opera Box during the event.
- To promote safe distancing of guests, The Fall Fairy will have pop-up style appearances throughout the day.
Jerry the Mime
- Jerry the Mime will be causing an uproar without making a sound throughout the Gardens. Jerry will roam from 12pm – 5:30pm in a street style performance.
- To promote safe distancing of guests, Jerry the Mime will have pop-up style appearances throughout the day.
Ik the Troll King
- Ik the Troll King will be delighting guests outside the Pavilion with his funny (and grumpy) stories of Troll Life.
- To promote safe distancing of guests, Ik the Troll King will have pop-up style performances throughout the day.
- Take home some personalized artwork! Caricature artist Dennis Hart will be drawing guests near the Pavilion from 10am – 4pm. While tips are permitted, caricatures are free to guests.
- Design your own pumpkin! Create a unique or traditional pumpkin face at the Pumpkin Painting station. Select a mini-pumpkin for your canvas! Located near Prospector’s Point from 10am – 5pm.
|August 29, 2021||August 30, 2021||August 31, 2021||September 1, 2021||September 2, 2021||September 3, 2021||September 4, 2021|
|September 5, 2021||September 6, 2021||September 7, 2021||September 8, 2021||September 9, 2021||September 10, 2021||September 11, 2021|
|September 12, 2021||September 13, 2021||September 14, 2021||September 15, 2021||September 16, 2021||September 17, 2021||September 18, 2021|
|September 19, 2021||September 20, 2021||September 21, 2021||September 22, 2021||September 23, 2021||September 24, 2021||September 25, 2021|
|September 26, 2021||September 27, 2021||September 28, 2021||September 29, 2021||September 30, 2021||October 1, 2021||October 2, 2021|
Dining & Menus
Dining & Menus
Delicious Oktoberfest-inspired treats will be offered throughout the Gardens:
Open 11am – 4pm
- Beyond Brat (plant-based bratwurst) braised in beer and grilled, topped with sauerkraut and whole grain mustard or curry ketchup.
- Wienerschnitzel (fried veal cutlet) with house-made spaetzle (German dumpling-style noodles) with green beans and Black Forest ham topped in swiss fondue.
- Beef Rouladen (braised beef rolled around a stuffing of bacon, onions, and pickles) with German style potato salad
- Apple Crisp with Clumpies specialty ice cream.
- Also serving a variety of Oktoberfest beers, including selections from Chattanooga Brewing Company, and select Riesling wines.
Food/Beer served Saturday 11am – 5pm and Sunday 12pm – 5pm
- Bavarian Schwinebraten und Kraut sandwich (Bavarian Pork Sandwich) – Slow roasted pork loin seasoned with traditional German spices, topped with German style kraut served on a Kaiser roll.
- Beer Cheese Soup in a Bread Bowl
- Grilled Bratwursts
- German Sauerkraut
- Specialty beer on tap from Chattanooga Brewing Company
Big Rock Grill
Open 11am – 6pm
- Black Forrest Burger – fresh ground beef, black forest ham, sauerkraut, and swiss cheese topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and German mustard.
- German Chocolate Cake
- Oversized pretzels and select dipping sauces
Open Saturdays 11am – 6pm and Sundays 12pm – 6pm
- Enjoy this sweet vintage German Gewurztraminer grape from Georgia Winery, which offers a strong fragrant aroma and a smooth, spicy finish.
- Is it Fall without Pumpkin Spice? The answer is no! Pumpkin Spice treats await you at the Fudge Kitchen! Returning favorite, Pumpkin Spice Fudge will be the taste of fall you always wanted.
The Musik Meisters
Schedule: October 9, 10, 16, 17, 30, & 31
The Musik Meisters is a Nashville based polka band that has been rolling out the barrels with audiences around the United States for over a decade. The Musik Meisters have been the featured house band at the historic Gerst Haus restaurant located in downtown Nashville for many years and are proud to call it home! This band is as pure and authentic as it gets. Wearing their Tyrolean attire and singing in German; your heart can only be happy as you move to the polka beat. Besides their regular “gig” at the Gerst, the band enjoys playing performances at ethnic festivals, celebrations, Oktoberfests, and private events large and small. Come listen to the happy music and raise your stein…Prosit!
Schedule: October 2, 3, 23, & 24
The Wurstbrats is Chattanooga’s premier oompah band. They perform at festivals, parties, dances, and listening sessions, as well as play the Chicken Dance as many times as they are dared. Wurstbrat: 1) A sausage usually made from unruly children 2) The top oompah band in Chattanooga, TN.
- Collector Beer Steins – Prost! Cheers! Let us help you quench your thirst with our event specific limited edition Rocktoberfest beer steins – a “free first beer and discounted refills” coupon is included.
- Souvenir Specialty Pink Birdhouses and Merchandise available only in October during Rocktoberfest! Join us in supporting our community partner, the CHI Memorial Foundation, by purchasing limited edition merchandise. Available at Garden’s Gateway Gifts & Cliff Terrace Gifts.
- Rocktoberfest Mementos – Take a piece of Rocktoberfest home with YOU! Whether it’s a Rocktoberfest shirt, gnome, glass or novelty hat, you can take home a commemorative item to relive the memories you made at Rocktoberfest!