Get in touch with Rock City’s German Heritage during the 12th annual Rocktoberfest. Rock City Square will be transformed for a celebration of harvests and fall foliage. This premiere fall celebration includes live German music, polka lessons, German food, specialty beer, costumed characters and fun for the whole family. Join the fun at Rock City as we celebrate our German heritage and honor our founder, Frieda Utermoehlen Carter.
October | 2019
Child ages 3-12
Hours & Pricing
October Weekends | 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Premiere Event Admission
- Free with valid Annual Pass
Rocktoberfest Activities & Entertainment
All performance times can be found in the calendar above.
- Live German Music – It’s time to Oompah! Break out your lederhosen or drindl and get ready to polka! An Oktoberfest celebration wouldn’t be complete without the old world sounds of an authentic German Oompah Band! Rocktoberfest is proud to feature the music of The Wurstbrats, The Musik Meisters, and the Best Wurst Band.
- German inspired dance performances and lessons – The Rock City Talent Dancers explore the world of German and Bavarian Folk Dance. Enjoy performances to classic Bavarian tunes, including a featured song from the popular classic The Sound of Music. Plus, the dancers will help you learn the basic steps of the Polka during our free lessons!
- Frieda’s German Heritage Tour: a historical, guided walking tour – Set out on a guided tour of Rock City Gardens and learn about the enchanting history of the gardens and our founder, Frieda Utermoehlen Carter’s, German heritage and love of German folklore and fairytales.
- Birds of Prey Raptor Shows – Your hearts will soar as Wings to Soar shares their loveable rescue birds of prey during this interactive, uplifting, educational encounter.
- Storytelling with Ik the Troll King
- Meet the Fall Fairy – The Fall Fairy has arrived at Rock City Gardens, bringing the enchantment of autumn along with her. Stop by the Fall Fairy Haus to capture a magical photo.
- Meet Rocky the Elf and Hay-ley & Hay-den, our loveable wayfinding scarecrows throughout the gardens.
- Interactive Caricature and Mime artists will be near the Pavilion and throughout the park during the event.
- Kids Activities including pumpkin painting and geode dig activity stations (additional fees apply)
|July 1, 2019||July 2, 2019||July 3, 2019||July 4, 2019||July 5, 2019||July 6, 2019||July 7, 2019|
|July 8, 2019||July 9, 2019||July 10, 2019||July 11, 2019||July 12, 2019||July 13, 2019||July 14, 2019|
|July 15, 2019||July 16, 2019||July 17, 2019||July 18, 2019||July 19, 2019||July 20, 2019||July 21, 2019|
|July 22, 2019||July 23, 2019||July 24, 2019||July 25, 2019||July 26, 2019||July 27, 2019||July 28, 2019|
|July 29, 2019||July 30, 2019||July 31, 2019||August 1, 2019||August 2, 2019||August 3, 2019||August 4, 2019|
Souvenir Specialty Pink Birdhouses available only in October during Rocktoberfest!
Dining & Menus
Dining & Menus
- Cafe 7 – Featuring Oktoberfest beer on draft, apple cider mimosas, wienerschnitzel, apple crisp with Clumpies vanilla ice cream and a special German dish.
- Pavilion – Featuring Beer Cheese Soup in a Bread Bowl, Grilled Bratwurst, German Sauerkraut with specialty beer on tap.
- Big Rock Grill – Featuring a Black Forrest Burger – fresh ground beef, black forrest ham, sauerkraut, and swiss cheese topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and German mustard. Served with fries or chips.
- Specialty Fall Fudge – The Rock City Fudge Kitchen will feature homemade pumpkin spice fudge.
- Georgia Winery – Enjoy this sweet vintage German Gewurztraminer grape from Georgia Winery, which offers a strong fragrant aroma and a smooth, spicy finish.
Partners & Sponsors
Rock City is proud to once again partner with the Mary Ellen Locher Scholarship Foundation for this year’s Rocktoberfest in conjunction with breast cancer awareness month.
Rock City’s Rocktobefest was selected as a Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 Festival & Event winner for October 2019.