Join us at Rock City Gardens during this naturally fun outdoor Earth Day celebration...EarthDayz! Be mesmerized when Vines and Trees come to life with methodical movement, hear live percussionists, watch an animal show, and go on a virtual scavenger hunt all while enjoying the great outdoors with your family during Earthdayz!
April | 2021
Chattanooga Zoo Animal Ambassadors
New for 2021: The Chattanooga Zoo will bring a variety of furry and some not-so-furry friends for a unique educational presentation.
- The Chattanooga Zoo’s animal ambassadors include an African Serval, Cape Porcupine, Fennec Fox, Rock Hyrax, Red Tailed Boa, Aldabra Tortoise, Amazonian Parrot and more! Animal Ambassadors will vary for each show.
- Showtimes: 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm in the Critter Classroom. Limited seating, first-come/first-serve.
Enjoy the relaxing and exciting sounds of the Hammered Dulcimer! Join Stephen Humphries as he brings a new modern twist to the hammered dulcimer! Stephen creates a unique and exciting sound using mixing technology with traditional dulcimer techniques
- Showtimes: April 18 & 24 ONLY from 2pm – 5pm. Located at Cliff Terrace Porch.
Living Vines and Plants
Their methodic movement showcases an artistic performance as they replant themselves in various locations throughout the gardens.
- New! Gaia – The Ground Walker: earth based costume mimicking a mossy forest floor.
- The Living Tree: bringing life to a Magnolia tree, this character will start its journey at the Pavilion and move to the Bog Garden at Cliff Terrace. 9:30am – 5:00pm pop up performances.
- Aralia – The Living Vine: Growing and moving from the Pavilion, see this unique character enchant their way down Legacy Lane. 9:45am – 5:15pm pop up performances.
Kofi Mauwko Percussion
Kofi Mauwko is returning with his engaging and interactive percussion talents.
- Showtimes: April 17 & 25: 10am – 5pm; April 18 & 24: 10am – 2pm
This exciting and interactive way to garden will have kids of all ages ready to help with planting! This year, the Flower Flairs will be premade discs of wild flowers and native grasses that have been combined with shredded recycled paper and given a little spark of color from natural food coloring.
- Located at Fairy Glen Overlook from 9am – 5pm
|March 28, 2021||March 29, 2021||March 30, 2021||March 31, 2021||April 1, 2021||April 2, 2021||April 3, 2021|
|April 4, 2021||April 5, 2021||April 6, 2021||April 7, 2021||April 8, 2021||April 9, 2021||April 10, 2021|
|April 11, 2021||April 12, 2021||April 13, 2021||April 14, 2021||April 15, 2021||April 16, 2021||April 17, 2021|
|April 18, 2021||April 19, 2021||April 20, 2021||April 21, 2021||April 22, 2021||April 23, 2021||April 24, 2021|
|April 25, 2021||April 26, 2021||April 27, 2021||April 28, 2021||April 29, 2021||April 30, 2021||May 1, 2021|
Dining & Menus
Dining & Menus
Big Rock Grill
Taste the Earth…or something a little sweeter! Dirt cups will be available at the Big Rock Grill.
- Dirt Cups: chocolate pudding with oreos and fun gummy worm toppers make for a delicious treat!
“Earth Cakes” are available only at Cliff Terrace
- Earth Cakes: a fun twist on the famous Funnel Cakes
Look for pansies, viburnum, and Kwansan Cherry trees blooming throughout the gardens.