Join us at Rock City Gardens during this naturally fun outdoor event...see raptors soar at the Birds of Prey Show, go on a RockQuest Adventure and climb to the top of the Rock Climbing Wall at Lovers Leap, learn how to use recycled materials to make-and-take fun projects, see how Art and Nature enhance each other, watch an educational demonstration where you can learn to make your own rain barrel, AND enjoy the great outdoors with your family during EarthDayz!
Buy Tickets Now!!
Click above for Slideshow
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in April (April 5 - 28)
11:00am – 4:00pm
*Event included with regular Rock City Admission
Activities Available Daily During the Event Include:
- NEW THIS YEAR!
- Visit Rocky's Haus...along the Enchanted Trail just before you enter magical Fairyland Caverns. Meet Rocky the Elf and have your picture taken as Rocky helps us celebrate EarthDayz! Open daily April 1-14 and April 20, 21, 27, & 28, 10am - 3pm)
- Enjoy lunch in the all new Cafe 7! The full service dining terraces at Lovers Leap are the perfect place to take in the 7 states view while feasting on delicious Southern cuisine. Open to the public April 11th. Seating available Thursdays - Sundays, 11am - 4pm (open April - October).
- Make-and-Take Recycling Projects: Stop by between 11-4pm
- Learn all about how to reduce, reuse, and recycle during these educational, interactive activites.
- Create your own "pot" from recycled newspapers, plant a seed, and take home your Rock City watch-it-grow momento.
- Create a "birdhouse" out of a recycled water bottle.
- Rock City Raptors - Birds of Prey Shows: located in the Critter Classroom. Show Times at 11am, 1pm, &3pm
- Come and see hawks soaring in the sky above Rock City. Get a glimpse at a nocturnal hunter, the owl. Meet a vivacious vulture! Enjoy this rare opportunity to witness these powerful and majestic birds up close.
- Environmentally Educational Demonstrations: Daily 11am - 4pm at Cliff Terrace Porch
- Watch a rain barrel building demonstration and learn how to make your own rain barrel at home so you can start collecting rain water for your potted plants or your garden.
- RockQuest Adventure*: Self-Guided adventure, purchase from the ticket desk upon arrival!
- Your RockQuest guidebook will help you look for clues to many of the geological wonders at Rock City. Your adventure includes 2-Mining/Discovery Rock Collections ~ choose from a variety of specimens at Prospector's Point and Woodland Wonders ~ and one free climb on the Rock Climbing Wall at Lovers Leap.
- All new Photo Scavenger Hunt - take photos of specific points along the trail and show to Rocky at the all new Rocky's Haus near Fairyland Caverns for an autographed photo of Rocky! More details at the Ticket Desk!
Additional Children's Activities
- Rock Climbing Wall*
- Fairyland Forest Makeovers*
- Panning for Gems*
*Additional charge for some activities
Partnership with Amicalola Deer Park
Check out Rock City's new deer habitat in partnership with the Amicalola Deer Park.
In April, look for Red Bud Trees, Kwansan Cherry Trees, and Korean Spice Viburnum blooming in our gardens.
Don't miss the breath-taking views from Lover's Leap as Spring Blooms at beautiful Rock City Gardens!
EarthDayz revolves around Rock City’s commitment to reduce, reuse, and recycle our stewardship of nature and our commitment to education and the environment.
Community Partners for EarthDayz:
Rock City Gardens is proud to partner with Orange Grove for our EarthDayz event.
Rock City is a proud sponsor of Chattanooga's SPARK Festival (April 11 - 21)
*Additional charges apply for food, drinks, some activities, & accessories.