Click to view events for that day
About Shamrock City
Chattanooga’s Premier St. Patrick’s Day Event
Looking for the luck of the Irish? Visit Rock City’s 10th annual Irish celebration and festival—Shamrock City! This premiere St. Patrick’s Day event includes live Irish music, Irish jig lessons, Irish food, specialty beer, dance performances, costumed characters, and fun for the whole family! You can even see the High Falls flowing green!
Visit and see why the Southeast Tourism Society has consistently chosen Shamrock City as a Top 20 Event!
Hours and Pricing
March 11, 12, 18 & 19, 2017
|Adult||Child (ages 3-12)|
|Shamrock City Premiere Event Pricing||$22.95||$12.95|
|Annual Passholders||Free with valid annual pass||Free with valid annual pass|
**Beginning at 4:00pm, tickets will be discounted to $19.95/Adult and $11.95/Child.
Shamrock City Activities
St. Patrick's Day Activities at Shamrock City
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with the fun activities at Shamrock City! You'll find fun for the whole family with Irish music, dancing, food, and more. Check out the event activities below, and don't forget to pick up a souvenir!
What to Do: (see calendar of events above for event details)
- Live Irish, Scottish, Celtic and Highlands Band Performances
- Irish Inspired Dance Performances and Lessons
- Suffolk Sheep Encounter
- City of Chattanooga Pipe Band Performances
- Shamrock Quest Kid's Adventure
What to Eat:
- "Pot of Gold" Pavilion Specials: T.B.D.
- Cafe 7 Specials: T.B.D.
- Big Rock Grill Specials: T.B.D.
- Kettle Korn Shack Specials: T.B.D.
- Starbucks Specials: T.B.D.
- Shamrock City souvenirs available for purchase
- The Fudge Kitchen will feature Shamrock Green Fudge and assorted specialty Irish candies and freshly made limeade. Be sure to stop by and see a fudge making demo throughout the day.
In March, look for Serviceberry, Red Maples, and Pansies blooming in our gardens. Don’t miss the breathtaking views from Lover’s Leap as spring blooms at beautiful Rock City Gardens!
Partners & Sponsors
Rock City is proud to once again partner with the MDA (Chattanooga District of the Muscular Dystrophy Association) for Shamrock City and participate in their Shamrocks for Dystrophy fundraiser.
Rock City will be selling Shamrocks for Dystrophy ($1 green, $5 gold) throughout the park beginning March 1 and throughout our Shamrock City event.
What your dollars will buy by supporting the MDA:
- $30 – One Flu Shot
- $70 – One minute of research
- $100 – One support group session
- $150 – One physical, occupation, or respiratory therapy consultation
- $200 – Initial diagnostic work-up at an MDA clinic
- $500 – Assists one person for one year with the repair of a wheelchair or leg braces
- $800 – Sends one child to MDA Summer Camp
The money raised during the Shamrocks against Dystrophy Campaign will help provide the above services to individuals living right here in our community.
Big River Grille & Brewing Works