Click to view events for that day
About Shamrock City
Chattanooga’s Premier St. Patrick’s Day Event
Looking for the luck of the Irish? Visit Rock City’s 10th annual Irish celebration and festival—Shamrock City! This premiere St. Patrick’s Day event includes live Irish music, Irish jig lessons, Irish food, specialty beer, dance performances, costumed characters, and fun for the whole family! You can even see the High Falls flowing green!
Visit and see why the Southeast Tourism Society has consistently chosen Shamrock City as a Top 20 Event!
Hours and Pricing
March 11, 12, 18 & 19, 2017
|Adult||Child (ages 3-12)|
|Shamrock City Premiere Event Pricing||$22.95||$12.95|
|Annual Passholders||Free with valid annual pass||Free with valid annual pass|
**Beginning at 4:00pm, tickets will be discounted to $19.95/Adult and $11.95/Child.
Shamrock City Activities
St. Patrick's Day Activities at Shamrock City
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with the fun activities at Shamrock City! You'll find fun for the whole family with Irish music, dancing, food, and more. Check out the event activities below, and don't forget to pick up a souvenir!
What to Do: (see calendar of events above for event details)
- Live Irish, Scottish, Celtic and Highlands Band Performances in the Pot of Gold Pavilion.
- Irish Inspired Dance Performances and Lessons.
- Suffolk Sheep Encounter by Bagby's Critter Corral
- Roaming Pipers - Members of the Chattanooga Pipe Band will be roaming throughout the gardens daily performing some of their favorite Irish tunes.
- Celtic/Irish Harp Performances - Local Musician Ellen Shiraef
- Shamrock Quest* - Climb the 25-foot "Blarney Stone" Climbing Wall and receive a special certificate for reaching the top and a "lucky surprise."
- Kid's Adventure Passport - Kids receive their very own passport booklet upon entering the park on event days. Find the designated character for this event to collect your event stamp. Kids earn special rewards for returning for future events and collecting more stamps.
- Caricature Art of Dennis Hart*
What to Eat:
- "Pot of Gold" Pavilion Specials: Mulligan Stew, Corned Beef & Cabbage, and specialty beer on tap from Big River Brewery.
- Cafe 7 Specials: Bar service will be available with Irish Bites and Guiness Floats ($6 featuring Clumpies Ice Cream)
- Big Rock Grill Specials: Featuring Fish & Chips
- Kettle Korn Shack Specials: Beer and Green Kettle corn served daily.
- Starbucks Specials: Featuring Irish Macchiatos and Frappuccinos - Hazelnut, Vanilla, Java Chips and Matcha powder topped with White Chocolate Green Tea Drizzle creating an Irish Cake flavor.
- Georgia Winery: Featuring their specialty GREEN wine, Muscadine Gold. Toast to the luck of the Irish with this refined wine of enormous appeal. Raise a glass to the Old Country. Slainte!
- Shamrock City souvenirs available for purchase including a Plush Shamrock City Sheep or Souvenir pilsner and pint glasses that come with a free first beer and discounted re-fills coupon.
- Panning for Gold and other magical goodies*
- The Fudge Kitchen will feature Shamrock Green Fudge and freshly made limeade. Be sure to stop by and see a fudge making demo throughout the day.
* Additional Cost for some activities
Shamrock City Musical Entertainment
March 11, 12, 18 & 19
2pm - 3pm
4pm - 5pm
Carolina Ceili ("kay-lee") is comprised of 4 members from differing musical backgrounds, who come together to make Celtic music their own. From rousing fiddle tunes, to traditional and original songs and ballads with beautiful 4-party vocal harmonies, to contemporary arrangements of old favorites, Carolina Ceili brings a unique and crowd-pleasing sound to the world of Celtic music.
March 11 & 12
11am - 12pm
12:30pm - 1:30pm
The Molly Maguires are a local Chattanooga favorite featuring some of the best Irish, Celtic and Scottish tunes around! "We're the Irish band your mother warned you about!"
March 18 & 19
11am - 12pm
12:30pm - 1:30pm
Olta, a Chattanooga original band, delights audiences throughout the area with Traditional Celtic tunes.
In March, look for Serviceberry, Red Maples, and Pansies blooming in our gardens. Don’t miss the breathtaking views from Lover’s Leap as spring blooms at beautiful Rock City Gardens!
Partners & Sponsors
Rock City is proud to once again partner with the MDA (Chattanooga District of the Muscular Dystrophy Association) for Shamrock City and participate in their Shamrocks for Dystrophy fundraiser.
Rock City will be selling Shamrocks for Dystrophy ($1 green, $5 gold) throughout the park beginning March 1 and throughout our Shamrock City event.
What your dollars will buy by supporting the MDA:
- $30 – One Flu Shot
- $70 – One minute of research
- $100 – One support group session
- $150 – One physical, occupation, or respiratory therapy consultation
- $200 – Initial diagnostic work-up at an MDA clinic
- $500 – Assists one person for one year with the repair of a wheelchair or leg braces
- $800 – Sends one child to MDA Summer Camp
The money raised during the Shamrocks against Dystrophy Campaign will help provide the above services to individuals living right here in our community.
Big River Grille & Brewing Works