Click to view events for that day
About Shamrock City
Chattanooga’s Premier St. Patrick’s Day Event
Looking for the luck of the Irish? Visit Rock City’s 9th annual Irish celebration and festival—Shamrock City! This premiere St. Patrick’s Day event includes live Irish music, Irish jig lessons, Irish food, specialty beer, dance performances, costumed characters, and fun for the whole family! You can even see the High Falls flowing green!
Visit and see why the Southeast Tourism Society has chosen Shamrock City as a Top 20 Event for March 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2015!
Hours and Pricing
March 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2016
|Adult||Child (ages 3-12)|
|Shamrock City Premiere Event Pricing||$22.95||$12.95|
|Annual Passholders||Free with valid annual pass||Free with valid annual pass|
**Beginning at 4:00pm, tickets will be discounted to $19.95/Adult and $11.95/Child.
Shamrock City Activities
St. Patrick's Day Activities at Shamrock City
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with the fun activities at Shamrock City! You'll find fun for the whole family with Irish music, dancing, food, and more. Check out the event activities below, and don't forget to pick up a souvenir!
What to Do: (see calendar of events above for event details)
- Live Irish, Scottish, Celtic and Highlands Music located in the Rock City "Pot of Gold" Pavilion.
- Irish Jig Dance Lessons with Jeff Sandy in the Rock City "Pot of Gold" Pavilion.
- Chattanooga Pipe Band roaming throughout the gardens.
- Traditional Irish/Celtic Dance Performances presented by Rock City Talent in the Rock City "Pot of Gold" Pavilion.
- Strolling Musicians and Entertainers including Balloon Creations by Mike Edwards and Kimberly Ross and Interactive Mime Performances by Jerry Bowman.
- Kids Activities including Lucky the Leprechaun Kid's Adventure*, Panning for Gold and other Magical Goodies*, Kiss the Blarney Stone Climbing Wall Activities*, Lucky Makeovers Face Painting*, Make-Your-Own Lucky Candy Necklace and Lucky Lollipops.
* Additional Charge for some activities ($3-$10 average).
What to Eat:
- "Pot of Gold" Pavilion Specials: Mulligan Stew, Corned Beef & Cabbage and specialty beer on tap from Big River Brewery served daily beginning at 10:30am (beer will not be served until noon on Sundays).
- Big Rock Grill Specials: Reuben Sandwiches served daily beginning at 10:30am
- Kettle Korn Shack Specials: Green kettle corn and beer served daily beginning at 10:30am
- Wine Tasting: The Georgia Winery will be available for wine tastings in the "Pot of Gold" Pavilion featuring specialty Green Wine for Shamrock City.
- Starbucks Specials: Located just outside the entrance to Rock City Gardens, Starbucks will feature green peppermint lattes and green peppermint frappuccinos.
- Shamrock City souvenirs available for purchase including event tshirts and souvenir pilsner and pint glasses that come with a free first beer and discounted re-fills coupon and Lucky's Mining Cart with Shamrocks and Gold Coins.
- The Fudge Kitchen will feature Shamrock Green Fudge and assorted specialty holiday chocolates and freshly made limeade. Be sure to stop by and see a fudge making demo throughout the day.
- Shamrock Quest where kids can climb the 25-foot Blarney Stone Climbing Wall and receive their special certificate for reaching the top and receive a "lucky surprise."
In March, look for Serviceberry, Red Maples, and Pansies blooming in our gardens. Don’t miss the breathtaking views from Lover’s Leap as spring blooms at beautiful Rock City Gardens!
Partners & Sponsors
Rock City is proud to once again partner with the MDA (Chattanooga District of the Muscular Dystrophy Association) for Shamrock City and participate in their Shamrocks for Dystrophy fundraiser.
Rock City will be selling Shamrocks for Dystrophy ($1 green, $5 gold) throughout the park beginning March 1 and throughout our Shamrock City event.
What your dollars will buy by supporting the MDA:
- $30 – One Flu Shot
- $70 – One minute of research
- $100 – One support group session
- $150 – One physical, occupation, or respiratory therapy consultation
- $200 – Initial diagnostic work-up at an MDA clinic
- $500 – Assists one person for one year with the repair of a wheelchair or leg braces
- $800 – Sends one child to MDA Summer Camp
The money raised during the Shamrocks against Dystrophy Campaign will help provide the above services to individuals living right here in our community.
Big River Grille & Brewing Works