Click to view events for that day
Celebrate Fall at Rock City's German Festival
Get in touch with Rock City’s German Heritage during the 12th annual Rocktoberfest. Rock City Square will be transformed for a celebration of harvests and fall foliage. This premiere fall celebration includes live German music, polka lessons, German food, specialty beer, costumed characters and fun for the whole family. Join the fun at Rock City as we celebrate our German heritage and honor our founder, Frieda Utermoehlen Carter.
Hours and Pricing
Saturdays and Sundays in October
8:30am – 5:00pm
October 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, & 29, 2017
|Adult||Child (ages 3-12)|
|Rocktoberfest Premiere Event Pricing||$22.95||$12.95|
All performance times can be found in the calendar above.
Live German Music in the Rock City Pavilion
It's time to Oompah! Break out your lederhosen or dirndl and get ready for polka! An Oktoberfest celebration wouldn't be complete without the old world sounds of an authentic German Oompah Band! Rocktoberfest is proud to feature the music of The Wurstbrats and The Musik Meisters.
Birds of Prey Raptor Shows in the Critter Classroom
Your hear will soar as Wings to Soar shares their lovable rescue birds of prey during this interactive, uplifting, educational encounter.
German Dancing Performances in the Rock City Pavilion
The Rock City Talent Dancers explore the world of German and Bavarian Folk Dance. Enjoy performances to classic Bavarian tunes, including a featured song from the popular classic, The Sound of Music.
Frieda's German Heritage Tour - a historical, guided walking tour
Set out on a guided tour of Rock City Gardens and learn about the enchanting history of the gardens and our founder, Frieda Utermoehlen Carter's German heritage and her love of German folklore and fairytales. Tours meet on the main Ticket Plaza, beside the ticket desk.
Polka Dance Lessons in the Rock City Pavilion
Learn the basic steps of the Polka during our free lessons!
Ik the Troll King storytelling on Cliff Terrace Porch
Storytelling featuring Ik the Troll King. Bryan Thompson has been performing at Ik on the RenFaire Circuit for over 15 years, in addition to improvisational performing at Netherworld and private venues.
Kid's Activities throughout the park including:
- Meet Rocky the Elf - Rock City's Adorable Mascot in the Rock City Pavilion
- Stop and Meet Hay-ley and Hay-den, our loveable wayfinding scarecrows. These silly siblings will be passing out Kid's Adventure Passports and helping guests find their way.
- The Fall Fairy has arrived at Rock City Gardens, bringing the enchantment of autumn along with her. Stop by The Fall Fairy Haus next to Fairyland Caverns to capture a magical photo.
- Interactive Caricature and Mime artists will be near the Pavilion and throughout the park during the event.
- Pumpkin Painting ($2.00) and Geode Dig! ($10) located near Prospector's Point from 10am - 5pm daily.
Specialty Food Offerings
- Specialty Fall Fudge - It wouldn't be autumn without pumpkin spice! Savor a slice of our homemade pumpkin spice fudge!
- Café 7 - full service dining terraces at Lover's Leap will feature Oktoberfest beer on draft, apple cider mimosas and wienerschnitzel. Saturday and Sunday, 11am-4pm
- Beer Cheese Soup, Grilled Bratwurst, German Sauerkraut with specialty Big River Beer on tap in the Pavilion. Saturday, 11am-5pm; Sunday, 12pm-5pm
- Rueben Sandwiches and German Chocolate Cake available in the Big Rock Grill. Saturday and Sunday, 11am-6pm.
- Enjoy a sweet vintage German Gewurztraminer grape from Georgia Winery, which offers a strong fragrant aroma and a smooth, spicy finish. Located on the Market Plaza. Saturday, 11am-6pm; Sunday, 12pm-6pm.
Take Home a Souvenir
- Collector Beer Steins - Let us help you get a head start on quenching your thirst with one of our limited edition Rocktoberfest beer steins - a "Free First Beer and Discounted Refills" coupon is included.
- Survivor Gear - Join us in supporting our community partners, Scenic City Survivors and the Mary Ellen Locher Foundation, with the purchase of limited edition items such as: the Survivor Design - See Rock City Survivor "Words of Encouragement" mugs, our pink Rock City birdhouses, birdhouse ornaments, lapel pins and mugs.
- Rocktoberfest Gear - Shirts, gnomes, novelty hats, Rocky dolls, and more!
In October, look for pansies, shasta daisies, fall mums and holly osmanthus blooming in our gardens.
Don’t miss the breathtaking views from Lovers Leap during the height of fall’s color.