Click to view events for that day
About Fairytale Nights
Fairytale Nights at Rock City
Adventure awaits you at Rock City’s newest spring event, Fairytale Nights – where Dreams come to life! Join us on a spectacular journey as we travel to a faraway kingdom where magic is around every turn. Fly to Neverland with Peter Pan; waltz with Beauty and the Beast; enjoy the radiant gardens with Cinderella; learn to sword fight like a knight! Don’t miss this chance to make magical memories at Rock City’s Fairytale Nights!
Hours and Pricing
March 22 - April 14, 2019
6:00pm - 8:00pm
|Adult||Child (ages 3-12)|
|Fairytale Nights Premiere Event Pricing (Fri - Sun Nights)||$22.95||$12.95|
|Fairytale Nights Regular Weekday Pricing (Mon - Thu Nights)||$19.95||$11.95|
Inclement Weather Information:
Due to the outdoor nature of this event, there is a possibility that Fairytale Nights would need to close for inclement weather. Any changes in operating hours for Fairytale Nights will be posted on the Rock City homepage, the Fairytale Nights page, and our Facebook page. You may also call our Hospitality Desk at 706-820-2531 with any questions regarding operating hours. Please note that because Fairytale Nights includes costumed actors, there may be instances where the regular daytime tour of Rock City is open for visitors, but we must close for Fairytale Nights due to weather.
Fairytale Nights Activities
Fairytale Nights Activities
- Meet your favorite fairytale heroes in a unique interactive experience including: Cinderella, The Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming, Beauty & the Beast, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Merlin & more.
- Train to become a knight and defend the realm at the Knight's Training Academy*. Complete training and be knighted by Queen Guinevere in a special knighting ceremony.
- Enjoy Goldilocks and the Three Bears: Interactive Storytime - on select evenings, an actor will server as host and narrator of this interactive storytelling experience. Audience members will be invited to step inside the story and bring to life some of fairytales' most famous characters. Fun props and costume pieces, silly casting-against-type and full audience participation make this a fun and engaging event for all ages. Located at Storybook Theatre in Storybook Kingdom
- On select evenings, Meet Ik, King of the Trolls entertains the crowd at Stone Forge Village with his wild and fanciful tales.
- Decorate your own crown as you visit with Beauty and the Beast in the Beast's Fortress.
- Be sure to capture the magic and memories with a souvenir photo* by Digiphoto - located at Cinderella, Castle Entrance, Knighting Ceremonies, and Peter Pan & Wendy.
- Tea with Alice & Friends - make reservations early for this one of a kind character dining experience. Select nights only, reservations required.
*Additional Charges for some activities.
Areas to Explore
Be greeted at the castle gates by the Fairy Godmother and journey through timeless stories where you'll meet Cinderella and Prince Charming, Snow White and the Evil Queen and help Jack escape from the giant. On the outskirts of Storybook Kingdom lies the Beast's Castle where Beauty awaits to greet you with the friendly Beast.
Points of Interest: Storybook Castle, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, Snow White, Evil Queen, Jack (and the Beanstalk), Storybook Theatre
Cross the Stone Bridge into the realm of King's Overlook. There, survey the vast valley below and seek Merlin's council. Test your strength and train to be a knight at The Knight's Training Academy* and attend a knighting ceremony* just for you by Queen Guinevere.
Points of Interest: Lover's Leap, Merlin, Knight's Training Academy*, Cafe 7, Queen Guinevere, Kettle Corn, Ik the Troll King
The Enchanted Forest
Fly away to Neverland with Peter Pan and Wendy but be on guard; just around the corner Hook and Smee are on the lookout for Lost Boys and Indians. Venture deeper into the forest and you meet Little Red Riding Hood on her way to Grandmother's house and find Hansel & Gretel at the candy house.
Points of Interest: Peter Pan & Wendy Darling, Observation Deck, Fairies, Captain Hook & Mr. Smee, Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel & Gretel, Fairyland Caverns
* Although the Grand Corridor is not part of Fairytale Nights, it does remain open until 7:30 PM each night for guests who might choose to see this portion of the Enchanted Trail.
- Beast's Fortress: Offering Magic Ice, Deluxe Cupcakes, sodas, and beer on tap.
- Stone Forge Kettle Corn
- Cafe 7: Featuring two "pink" drinks in honor of Emily's Power for a Cure. Fairy Fizz - Pink sparkling wine with a golden sugar rim and Pink Power Potion - scoop of Clumpies' Strawberry Sorbet topped with lemon soda.
- Starbucks: Featuring The Wizard Frappuccino
- Georgia Winery: specialty Fairytale Nights label, blueberry blush.
Fairytale Nights transforms Rock City into a magical kingdom inhabited by princes and princesses from your favorite stories. During your visit, you’ll see these popular fairytale characters:
- Rocky the Elf
- Town Crier
- Castle Guard
- Prince Charming
- Cinderella's Fairy Godmother
- Jack (and the Beanstalk)
- Queen Guinevere
- Beauty & the Beast
- Snow White
- Woodland Faun
- The Evil Queen
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Hansel & Gretel
- Peter Pan
- Wendy Darling
- Captain Hook
- Mr. Smee
Enchanted Tea with Alice
Enchanted Tea Time with Alice and Friends
You're invited to a tea party hosted by Alice and the White Rabbit! Special appearances by Cinderella, The Fairy Godmother, Snow White & more. This special limited-capacity event includes tea and hors d'oeuvres as well as front of the line admission to Fairytale Nights. Children also receive a small gift and souvenir photo by Kodak with Alice and Friends.
Three Course Tea Menu includes Finger Sandwiches, Fresh Fruit, Scones, Petit Fours, Hot Tea, Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Iced Tea and Coca-Cola Products.
Dates and Times:
4:30 - 5:30pm
|2019 Dates||Adults and Children
Children Under 2: Free with families, but will not receive gift or photo. Those items are available for purchase a la carte. Please call 423-475-8988 for more information.
**Please note: Tickets are non-refundable and non-changeable. Special Ticket Purchase. No coupons, discounts, or other promotions can be used in combination with this ticket purchase.
Annual Passholders: Discounted tickets for Tea with Alice are available to Annual Passholders for $23.95 per person. Guests must present annual pass along with admission ticket at the event. To make reservations for these discounted tickets, please call 423-475-8988.
In March and April, look for Redbud Trees, Kwansan Cherry Trees, and Viburnum blooming in our gardens. Don’t miss the breathtaking views from Lover’s Leap as spring blooms at beautiful Rock City Gardens!
Partners & Sponsors
Rock City is proud to partner with Emily’s Power for a Cure during the Fairytale Nights event. Emily was diagnosed with Stave IV Neuroblastoma in October 2005. This beautiful, strong-willed little girl, known as the Pink Power Ranger Princess, fought with everything she had for four months to beat her cancer. On February 20, 2006 while undergoing surgery to remove her tumor, Emily won her battle and went to dance in heaven.
Her family wishes to continue her fight and find a cure for this disease. Emily’s Power for a Cure is her fight against cancer carrying on! While the goal of the foundation is to raise awareness and funds to find a cure for Neuroblastoma, there are more and more immediate needs for families and children fighting this disease. The foundation, Emily’s namesake, was founded in 2006 by Emily’s parents, Jonathon and Wendy Ransom.